Shred it on the Geaux!
We wanted to give you an easy way to really shred it on the geaux with a flow of exercises focused on everything from your core to your glutes! These workouts require no equipment aside from your your favorite geaux-to apparel and we recommend a watch to assist you in your calorie count and timer. All you have to do is commit and show up for yourself, we’ll take care of the rest! We’ve provided the workout moves and descriptions for you to move your body on the geaux below:
- 20 Leg Extensions
- 20 Toe Crunches
- 20 Sec Plank Hold
- 20 Mountain Climbers
- 20 Shredders
- 20 Squats
- 20 Plie´Squats
- 20 Push-Ups
You will do each exercise for 20 reps or hold with our 20 second plank. When you finish the first round, get ready to repeat all the way until you hit 15 total minutes!
- Leg Extensions: These are great for building your lower ab muscles and you will also feel these later in your hip flexors, helping strengthen those muscle groups too. You’ll sit on the ground with your legs bent in front of you, and place your hands behind your glutes. Then, you will extend your legs all the way out and back in. If you need a quick balance break, you can wrap your arms around your knees for a quick second. Visually feel your lower abs working as you go in and out!
- Toe Crunches: You’ll lie flat on the ground or on your mat and then bring your legs straight up over your hips with your toes flexed. You will pulse up to try and get your fingertips to touch your toes by crunching up. Shredding it as you crunch it!!
- Plank Hold: A Plank hold is one of my favorite ways to incorporate a total body workout on the geaux. You can do this anywhere; at home, work, or on the geaux. You will start in a cat pose and round and protract your shoulders and then step your feet back until you’re in one plain. Make sure to relax your neck and do not look back toward your toes, just let your neck naturally look straight down. You will hold for a fun 20 seconds.
- Mountain Climbers: So you’ll continue in a plank hold but now we’re adding some movement into your plank! Alternate your legs by bending into a 90 degree position bringing the knee to elbow, crunching your obliques and alternating sides with each twist!
- Shredders: Come down to a half plank where you’re on your elbows. You will have your belly pulled in tight, your shoulders rounded, and your glutes activated. LIKE TIGHT, you can squeeze a penny tight! You are light on your toes, you will extend and rock forward and then back for one and repeat for 20. You will feel this all throughout the body, but mostly in your core. Shred it, this alone will get you ready for spring break!
- Squats: You know I couldn’t do a round of workouts without doing some squats. Make sure everything falls in line, with your knees shoulder distance apart from each other. Place your hands in prayer position and squat down for 20, squeezing that beautiful peach every time you come back up!
- Plie´ Squats: These are my favorite, I love working my inner thigh! So here your legs are more than shoulder distance, your knees and feet are out wide and you will tuck your booty in as you squat down for 20 and squeeze it as you come back up. Imagine there is a wall right behind you, so don’t let your glutes stick out, tuck it in!
- Push-Ups: Shred those arms for spring with our “you are strong” full form push-ups. Position yourself in plank position, I’m big on form. So make sure you’re all set up for success in the correct position. Start in plank, and do what you can without compromising your form, and then if needed drop down to your knees.
That’s it you guys! You can do this all the way through spring break or on repeat each day when you need to shred it on the geaux. Our mission is that Don’t Stop Just Geaux becomes a way of life, a place where you can just geaux at any time and give yourself at a minimum 10 minutes of exercise. Our goal is to empower each other to move our bodies and to share our individual journeys. Sounds like something you may be interested in? Join our growing community on Facebook- we’d love to have you!